Coming here wasn't too bad- 6 hours from Dulles to San Francisco and then 12 hours from SF to Korea. United lost my carry-on which was a little weird because they took it from me at the boarding gate in Dulles when I told them my final destination was farther than S.F. but I think it was lost on account of the bad scribbling by the person who checked it for me. They called me back today and it 's on its way to me so that turned out alright.
Here are pictures!
The tiny plane with tiny seats and tiny footspace I took from Dulles to San Francisco.
Picture of the plane taken from the San Francisco airport before boarding it to go to Seoul.
Bye-bye, San Francisco!
An island.
Somewhere near Alaska.
The route my plane took.
Icy mountains.
Open water area near mountains.
How much of that is really supposed to be melted?
Mountains near the east coast of Korea.
Weird landscape in Korea. It looks like snakes with eyes! They all have one darker spot and one lighter spot...
Lighted coast on the west side of Korea as we were nearing Incheon.
My very nice seat buddy! He woke me up whenever food/drinks came around. I'm sorry I was such a window hog! Good luck in Korea and Japan in 2009!
National Assembly hall (I believe) in Seoul, Korea.
One of the many bridges crossing the Han River in Seoul.
Cool plant with roots in my uncle's living room.
Doesn't that look something like a person? Or something from LOTR or a Miyazaki film..
That's a computer cpu- the white round thing in the bottom right corner- with the wireless keyboard and mouse on top.
That's it for today!
4 comments:
LOL at travel buddy! I'm always mean to my seat buddies, I ignore their existence. It'd be nice to be woken up for drinks though. On the way to Denmark, the attendants forced you to wake up to eat, and then they tried to force us to sleep by turning off all the lights and shutting all the windows--I think to adjust us for the time change. Hope you have fun bringing all your relatives Centrum! <3 Miss you!
MIA MIA!!! 2nd!!!
*gloooooomp*
i hope you are having an amazing time in korea with your uncle and familia. update more often doode. when are you flying to japan? will we be able to see you pre-placement exam? we should totally chill before the whole sophia thing starts up. i'll be right in shinjuku for a week. come play with me!
love love,
T
that tree-plant is so scary.. looks like a dinosaur to me. ah! im kinda spooked out by it for some reason..haha. wow, must have been frustrating that your bag was lost.. im glad theyre sending it to you though. you should file a complaint thingy with united saying that their bag checkers need better handwriting!
haha.
btw, how does google/blogger know my name is michelle?
Awesome! I love how you post so many pictures! And I love the guy's expression behind you and your seat buddy!
Can't wait to see more pictures, and you, soon!
Post a Comment