Friday, February 22, 2008

To get my Japanese VISA...


I started at Dupont Circle off the Red line of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit. Then I headed down Massachusetts Ave to reach the

at:
2520 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, D.C. 20008.
Those gates look mighty grand and inviting but unfortunately, you have to go a little past it to get to...
Then I took a detour home-

Past the Embassy of the Republic of Korea, the Korea House, and the Office of the Consulate General (from bottom right corner to left) (I believe the building on the left is where you can get a VISA to stay longer than a month in Korea)

and some other cool looking buildings

past a lovely church and a quaint bookstore

to finally reach the Kennedy Center and see the exhibits on Japanese culture.

Finally, I ended the day with a stroll through Georgetown.


(:

4 comments:

Muuurgh said...

Heyyyy!
Your blog's hilarious. It reminds me of something on TV where the pictures should just pop up after you say the words... and that circle and arrow thing on the embassy would be flashing.

I guess I'll be testing this out today. But with no orange arrow....! *gasp...!*


And, on a side note, that yellow/black polka-dotted thing is awesome.

Jen said...

Sweet! Awesome start to your blog! (just took me a while to get to reading it...)
I wanted to go to the Kennedy Center exhibit so badly! Aw.
Yay for visas...I just have to pick mine up now.

teresa said...

MIA

you are M.I.A. seriously! when will you be heading to Japan? 4/1 or earlier?

neato bloggeroonie!!

do it more!!!

VeronicaYeh said...

Hey, I saw that robot at the Kennedy Center too! Did you go to see a play? Lady, don't forget to bring me a Kimura Takuya back. While you're at it, please get me a real samurai sword too! Miss you!

Your lovely neighbor