Friday, July 11, 2008

The In-Between Time


Dinner after practice :)

Waiting for Bulgarian food to be cooked for us. It was amazing - Thank you Radomir!

Anmitsu. (yup that's mochi, red beans, green tea ice cream and below that jelly) Yum!!

Showing in theaters now: the final movie for the Hani Yori Dango series... but the newest Miyazaki film takes precedence over all so I probably won't be seeing this during my time left here.

Picture of Tokyo Station in the old times, probably what it should have looked like if there hadn't been reconstruction going on in my earlier post.

A bit blurry but Harry Potter gets its own section in the aisle!

Ben and Teresa in front of Shibuya crossing.

Shibuya crossing from the opposite direction.

I forget what this is called but the round box thing on the top left is filled with warm rice :)

Disney store at the bottom of an interesting building.

Tokyo Museum of Photography. We saw the exhibition of Moriyama Daido (http://www.moriyamadaido.com/) and caught the traveling exhibition of the World Press Photo Competition (http://www.worldpressphoto.org/)

Close by (since we were at Ebisu Station) was the Ebisu Beer Museum. This is a model of their.. brewery system?

"Ebisu bi-ru, Dainippon Brewery"

Pictures of myself are usually blurry on my camera... =/ But yea, there were big beer cans there..

Ebisu Beer Station. Though it's not the real train station..

Kaiten zushi 回転ずし!

Self serve green tea around the sides of the conveyor belt. You can see the edge of the box containing ginger... let's just say I don't think we went to the nicest kaiten zushi place in the city. But it was definitely a good conversation starter with the person sitting next to us (who was so kind to reach over and kill.. afore-unmentioned unidentifiable slick black bug crawling amidst the slices of damp ginger...)!

Jeannette and me!

Sushi people at work!

Bug-catcher/person who we met at the restaurant who - concidentally and amazingly - does Shorinji Kempo too! and went to the same 大会competition that we did at the beginning of the school year (as seen as on one of my posts) and knows the same sensei as we do and was so kind as to wish Jeannette and I luck as we were preparing to take the 三級試験/test to advance to the next belt color/level (which we both passed!!! :) !

I was drinking orange juice in class one day when I noticed this. It says Phytos for life in English but in Japanese katakana (meaning they are spelling out foreign words), it says "fa-i-to fo-- ra-i-fu" which sounds a lot like the same 'fa-i-to' they (to my knowledge and experience- this includes koreans as well...) say to encourage fellow team members/each other to do well on something. Quite a play on words I say! (unless phytos is normally pronounced with a silent s and it's just ignorant mia.......)

Pho noodles at a Thai restaurant near school! It wasn't as.. tasty (perhaps it didn't have the extraordinary amount of MSG that the pho I eat in the states does -_-) and there was none of the red chili sauce and hoisen sauce -_- but it was pretty!



Finals are coming up. Shorinji Kempo is ending for the semester. I have just about 3.5 weeks left here in Japan!

Man, I've got to start travelling.........



Congratulations to a very good mentor/sister/friend of mine who is getting married tomorrow! I wish you guys the best!!!

1 comment:

Jaded Seoul said...

omg that Anmitsu looks delicious! but maybe not as delicious as korean yogurt, heehee~

miss you, miss mia! when are you returning to the states???